Monday, April 11, 2011

10 Day you Challenge: Day Three Films


Day 3: Three Films

Empire Records: A total cult classic, and not a movie that one can just recommend to others with the expectations that they will love it.  Made around 1995 it follows a group of teenagers/young adults that work and run a record store on one crazy exceptional day.  I LOVE IT! Total reminder of what life in the 1990's was all about.  I love this movie so much that when Daniel and I took a tour in 2005 when we were in Wilmington, SC doing a movie tour (95% about Dawson's creek) the tour guide walked up to a building and I looked at Daniel and said "THAT is the building that they filmed Empire Records at", and I was right! It was the outside of the store!! The tour  guide was a little shocked because it wasn't something that people recognized on the tour!  I had no idea that the movie had been filmed there after that he showed me more sites that had to do with the movie it was awesome!!


The American President:  Comedy-drama about a widowed US president and a lobbyist who fall in love. It's all aboveboard, but "politics is perception" .  I love this movie! When I am sick or have that pull to watch something romantic this is what I watch.  I love Annette Bening, and Michael Douglas.  I love the characters they play in the movie, I could watch this movie all day every day.  



Newsies: When I was first talked into watching this movie I did NOT want to watch it.  I was at my cousins house in Ohio and the girl across the street LOVED this movie and informed me that I had to watch it.  That night as a pre-teen I fell in love with Christian Bale.  It is a musical based on the true story of the paper boy strike of 1899 in NYC.  I know all the songs by heart, and it is another cult classic that I love and hold dear to my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment