Tuesday, April 12, 2011

10 Day you Challenge Day Four: Four Books


Day Four: Books

This is another hard one for me, those who know me and know me well know how important books are to me.  I literally always have one on me, in my purse, or in hand.  I love the feel of a book in hand, the sound the pages make as you turn them, and NOTHING is better then the smell of a new book.  I could spend hours in the book store!  So lets get this list going!


The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks: Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author hands down.  I love his writing style and his stories have so much heart and depth.  This is not one of his most well known books but it holds a place in my heart.  The main female leads name is Denise, whats not to love?   This is a book about a man who is scared of nothing, a firefighter used to saving and assisting others, a man who picks women that he feels needs him to help them and then he leaves.  This is a book about his rescue from himself, and his past that have held him hostage.  It is typical Nicholas Sparks .. and I love it!! All his books are amazing!


Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin: I can not list one with out the other.  So yes those are TWO different books and they are amazing!  I purchased these at the DAV for like $1 each, thinking that I wouldn't like them but there was nothing else to buy. I started reading Something Borrowed and fell in love with it, I finished reading it in four hours! I had them both done in a day.  I laughed, I cried, I hated characters, I loved them.  When I thought that I couldn't dislike a character anymore then I already did I fell back in love with them.  I know that they are adapting these for film and they should be out sometime this summer I am really looking forward to seeing how they bring the girls to life! Amazing books I have read them at least 10 times each!  I find myself wondering who I like more .. Darcy or Rachel?



The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins: This was yet another series I had no desire to read.  Daniel and I always look at books when we are out shopping, and I had picked up the first one several times and always put it back.  I am not a huge science fiction person.  One night I was working with my friend Angie and she was telling me about this amazing book that she had read.  That next day I decided I would give it a shot, and I bought it.   I was in LOVE by the second chapter and couldn't put it down.  That next day I went to the store and had purchased the other two and read them all in 2 days.  Great story, and I love the characters!! Written for a younger audience, but great storyline.


Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery: I can remember as a child my parents sending us upstairs for a hour of quiet time, no radio, no TV, no noise! So I would read.  After quiet time was over lights went out, then popped on my night light with the shield removed that sat between my headboard so that I could read until all hours of the night.  Anne of Green Gables was one of the books that would take me to another time and place.  I love almost all her books in this series, I have a thing for books that are in a series.  I can't stand getting to a end of one book and wondering what happened after.  The more information I can get the more resolved I feel when I close the book for the last time.  Prince Edward Island is on my list of places that I want to see before I die! ... I guess one of these days I will have to make a bucket list of things that I want to do mixed with things that I have done! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment