Thursday, April 14, 2011

10 Day you Challenge Day Six: Six Places


I have been looking forward to this one! Since Daniel and I have been married we have taken some really cool vacations, and seen a lot of cool things.  There is nothing like a road trip driving on the highway at 3am is amazing for me.   This is a list of places I have been and places that I want to go.  That being said my goal is to see ALL of the United States, and as much as a possibly can.

1) NYC: What's not to love? The food is amazing, home to a few of my favorite places to eat like Serendipity 3, and Crumbs Bakery.  Daniel and I are nerds so there are amazing places to tour and site see.  People watching is unbelievable you see so much.  I love the city life, the late nights always something to do and see.  The price and cost was not something that I love, but totally worth it.    

Picture I took from our Vaca in 2010

2) St. Thomas, Virgin Islands: We had the chance to go to St Thomas on our most recent cruise and I decided that I could live there too.  It was beautiful!  I have never been one for being hot, or vacationing somewhere near the beach but I loved it.  There is something about seeing water that pretty that makes you want to stay there forever.  


Our Vacation Jan 2011

3) The Outer Banks: Daniel and I have had the opportunity to vacation here several times too.  I love NC and its coast.  You have your typical USA beach where you can sit in the sand and play in the water and then you have places that are so far out that you can pull off in the side of the road at night and look up and see thousands of stars.  It is a amazing place that if you are lucky you can see wild horses running on the beach.  Do the tourist thing and go to the site of the lost colony of Roanoke.  Tons of places to eat, and just a amazing place to relax!



4) Salem Mass: I know I know.. this one is kinda weird.  When Daniel and I were married we a) are fat, b) hated the beach 3) were fat, hated the beach and didn't like to sweat... so we went north.  We picked Boston, Mass and the surrounding area.  That ended up being Salem.  This little town has so much history, and its beautiful.  We fell in love with it. One of the reasons I might hold it close to my heart is because of our honeymoon.  Last year Daniel and I got the chance to go back and revisit and I fell in love with it all over again. 


5) Louisville, Kentucky: How can one not love the place that they live? Louisville is the perfect blend of small city meets large city.  There is enough to do to keep you busy and our city has done so much as far as improving its look.  There are many great places to eat, the parks downtown are amazing and there is usually some kind of event that is going on.  Bardstown Rd is a personal favorite of mine.  


6) Ireland: This is my wish! Of all the places in this world that I would love to go it would be Ireland.  I tell Daniel from time to time, that the ONLY thing that could make him more attractive would be for him to speak with a Irish accent.  I want to kiss the Blarney Stone!



No comments:

Post a Comment